About us

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Birth control pill ruined our relationships

We [I am M25, F22] had very nice and good relationships with my girlfriend (5 months). She started using birth control pills a month ago and her mood, libido and mental health got really bad.

Let me give you a brief description.

She always wanted sex (she has very high libido as well as me) and we were extremely satisfied with our sex life, we've been romantic (both, but she is more than me), everything was really unexpectedly good. Travelled to 3 new countries together. She has a full-time job + uni + other things, so she is busy most of the time as well as me. But it was kind a big plus and it was a good aspect for both. We spent a lot of time together and were ALWAYS saying if something is wrong and that is why we never ever had any conflict. Talks were more about feelings and that we are so happy and about how it is kind of strange that everything goes so good. Another thing to know, she is quite emotional and can start crying if the art she sees in gallery is sad. But it never was a problem for us. More like a plus again. She was not angry on me (al least seriously).

Birth control pills. Here it starts.

She started using it a month ago and her mood started to be extremely unstable (laughing, 5 min, crying, for no reason, first week of using BC). I started feeling like something was wrong with her. She became very silent. She was saying that she has a lot of depressed thoughts. But like I will manage myself, no need to help with. After our last trip, she asked me not to communicate with her for 5 days, she wanted to get in a normal state and decide what she wants to do, to give her space etc. She was really very strange in behaviour. And I started feeling like i am loosing her but she was saying "we will not break up". She convinced me that we would be together for sure and it is only her mental problems. It was only about her problems. At the end of our "silent", we agreed to talk about everything and met yesterday. We broke up yesterday. She said that she still loves me, but she does not feel romantic feelings from herself, she is unable to give them to me. She has low libido. That I did not support her enough recently (but she was saying that everything is ok, like no problem..). Like we are too different people. That I need more simple and stable gf. Moreover, she feels that the status of having relationships depresses her. She stated that maaay be she will have willing to get back together, but as she said: I want to break up with an open data, like no predefined day to try to get back together. She is not cheating on me. We still chat a little bit. She will switch birth control pills or quit it at all.

What can i do? How to deal with it? How to get her back? It all started right after the first signs of using BC pills.

I have a strange feeling of chatting with her. Forcing myself not to pressure her and behave like a friend but I feel like she is my ex, or gf, or whatever, like... It is weird. Send memes? Not to chat is worse idea to my opinion, but... How to do it properly?

TL;DR: right after she started using BC pills, she became emotionally unstable, then very silent, lost her high libido (this is first month of using pills). During last talk she said she is unable to give me romantic feelings from herself, she just doesn't have romantic feelings. She stated I need more simple and stable gf. She broke up with me but before convinced that it won't happen because of her mental health. Says that status of relationship depresses her now. Help.

submitted by /u/_less_or_more
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment