About us

Sunday, April 23, 2023

I (24F) made a friend (19M) online, who wants to talk everyday and all day long but I can’t offer them that constant level of communication.

We have been in constant communication for about 3 and a half months now and I find that our friendship is overall wholesome and supportive and we share a lot in common. These are traits that I am not able to fully find in my other friendships.

There are however limitations to our friendship which are that, we have never met, we live in different parts of the world and we are likely never going to meet each other. I have also never seen what he looks like and nor heard what he sounds like.

While I appreciate the friendship and the emotional support it offers, I am in general not comfortable spending my whole day talking to someone. At the beginning, I did allowed myself to indulge in lengthy conversations throughout the day but it was messing up my daily routine and sleep schedule. So, over the past couple of weeks, I have reeling this back to focus on myself.

Yesterday was a Saturday and I carved out an 1 hour in the morning to talk to him while I was in a coffee shop. When I was done at the coffee shop I let him know I was heading home and he told me to text him when I got home and I did exactly that, I texted him and let him know that I was going to charge my phone. Later in the evening he texted me something along line of “have you gone MIA again?” And that kinda pissed me off because it made me feel like he expects constant communication and if I am free I should be texting him. Which is annoying because sometimes I just wanna chill on my own.

I am looking for a second opinion on this.Am I being a shitty friend in this situation? How do kindly let him know that I don’t wanna talk everyday and all day, without sounding like a b*tch?

Tl;dr: my friend wants to talk everyday and all day but I can’t offer him that. He is starting to get annoying about it.

submitted by /u/ACST13
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment