About us

Thursday, April 20, 2023

My (23F) boyfriend (23M) is putting his friends before me?

My (23F) boyfriend (23M) is putting his friends before me? Now, this might just be me exaggerating or something, but here’s the story, apologies for the bad formatting as this is being typed on my phone.

Today, my boyfriend tells me he has plans to go out with his friends on the weekend and that it’s for a friends birthday, he lets me know he will be drinking. This would be okay, if not for the other day him telling me he was not feeling well, as in coughing, nauseous, fatigued, not eating. He said he was feeling worse today, so I was a little suspicious as to why he wouldn’t stay in and rest?

Here’s why I was really ticked off: We don’t live very far, about a 2 hour drive as he is living near his college right now. The problem is he hasn’t been coming around, and I don’t mean as often, I mean at all. He doesn’t even call with me on the phone anymore, at all. We used to do this daily, however he blames this inconvenience on not wanting to “bother me if I’m busy”. I’ve told him nothing has changed and my schedule is still the same as it has always been, and this has been going on for about a month and a half.

Anyway, so on top of him already not feeling well, he hasn’t made time to even hear each others voices, but he’s willing to go out with his very, very, POS friends. Now we did have a conversation about this, or tried to but he kind of just kept missing the point, so I suggested we come back to it a little later, which I still plan to, I’m just not sure what I should say or if I should say anything at all.

tl;dr my boyfriend stopping calling or coming over, claiming it to be because we were so busy, even though his final exams are over and my schedule is the same as ever. He then tell me he’s so sick he can barely move, but he’s planning to go out and drink with his friends on the weekend. Now I’m not sure if he’s putting his friends above simply giving me a call every once in a while, or even staying in to get rest because he claims he is not feeling well, or if I am just being dramatic.

submitted by /u/Suvunuh
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment