About us

Sunday, April 30, 2023

I'm (M25) catching feelings for my best friend (F26) after breaking up with my ex-GF (F23) of 5 years

My ex-girlfriend "K" (F23) and I (M25) were together for 5 years and I'd say we had a great relationship, but it had it's problems. Last weekend we broke up. It was mutual and we both agreed that we still love and respect eachother, but the relationship was at a point where neither of us was happy with it. We both cried for hours and I honestly hope she's doing well and will be happy, even if it's without me.

Emotionally, I've been a complete mess all week. My feelings are a rollercoaster atm and sometimes I just suddenly sobbing, other times I can think about her and be fine with it. Throughout this week, I've talked to a few friends about my break up and about how I've been feeling. I've mostly been talking and hanging out with a good long-time friend (F26) "A". She's been here for me a lot this week and talked with me about how I'm feeling after the break-up and it has helped me a lot, I think.

The problem is, I think I'm catching feelings for her. I've been thinking about it a lot, and I'm nowhere near a point, where I want to pursue any romantic relationship with anyone. I'm a mental and emotional mess and want to take my time, to focus on myself and to find out what I need and want in my life to be happy. But I can't help but feel like I'm falling for her. It's not like we're doing much different stuff, after the break-up. I think maybe it's the fact I'm comfortable with being vulnerable around her or that I'm trying to replace what I've lost in my relationship, with my friendships? I'm not sure if these feelings are "real" or if they're a result of my fears and insecurities. I'm also not sure why I'm feeling like this and I'm scared that it'll mess up our friendship. Has anyone had a similar experience? Do I just wait and hope the feelings go away with time? Do I tell her and ask if we can create some distance for some time?

TLDR: Broke up with ex-GF of 5 years. Best friend was here for me and emotionally supported me, I'm a mess and am falling for my best friend.

submitted by /u/EasyInLoveThrowaway
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment