About us

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

i (25f) need advice on how to make up for missing my boyfriend's (28m) birthday trip due to COVID last moment?

My bf (28m) and I (25f) have been planning a trip for his birthday this weekend for a while. We've invited all his close friends along and they're flying in today so all of us could travel together from here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I was feeling sick and feverish for the past 2 days and got a COVID test, and received my positive results today. I feel crushed, because i wouldn't be able to join in on the trip now. My boyfriend is really sad and says the trip doesn't make any sense without me, but I'm still encouraging him to go because all the bookings have been made and all his friends will be here soon. If he stays back, i anyway would still be in isolation on the day of his birthday. I want him to enjoy himself, but he keeps saying it won't be fun, but i know he'll end up going as right now there's not really any alternative.

I want to make it up to him by giving him a nice surprise. I most probably would recover by the time he's back from the trip, so i could meet him at the station when he comes back, or surprise him in a different way. I really need suggestions for what i could do so that he feels special.

For background information, we've been dating for just over a year. I'll be leaving for my Master's abroad in a few months, so this was supposed to be a special trip. I feel really upset and i would love to make him feel better in some way. Any suggestions are welcome

Tl;dr - have to cancel bf's bday trip due to COVID, want advice on how to do something special for him to make up for it.

submitted by /u/lemonmint_cocktail
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment