About us

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Separated from my now ex wife yesterday after nearly 10 years

I separated from my wife after 10 years together and I have no one now

I (M27) have separated from my wife (F26) just yesterday. It’s still a fresh wound and all I can do right now is ugly cry.

We were together just under 10 years and married for nearly 4. It wasn’t easy. When we first got married, my cousin fell ill and was in the hospital for just over 3 months. I was there nearly everyday and he eventually passed away due to the doctors negligence. 2 days after the funeral, the Covid lockdown got announced (UK). This put a significant strain on our relationship at the very start. We had never lived together before and only moved in together when we got married due to cultural reasons. We barely got a chance to really get to know each other at the start because of my cousin and then Covid.

We’ve had good times, we’ve had bad times. Just like every couple. The more I look back on it, it was mostly bad. We’d constantly argue. We’d always disagree on things. We were completely different people and should never have married in the first place.

It just got worse and worse and we got more toxic with each other. Neither of us ever cheated but we’d be vile with our words. We once took a 1 month break where she went back to live with her parents. 2 days in, her dad kicked her and her mum out and they had no choice but to move back in with me. I think that was the beginning of the end. Since that point it was always 1 step forward and 2 back.

I never got on with her mum. Even before marriage, she was controlling. During the wedding time she imposed herself so much, I ended up calling it off 2 weeks before because I couldn’t take the stress from her anymore. I ended up losing my hair with all the stress.

At the end of the day, my ex wife isn’t a horrible person. Neither am I. We’re just not compatible.

I have no friends to talk to. My family is very distant with me too since marrying. I have no one there for me. All I’ve done since yesterday is just cry and cry. My eyes are burning from it and even now typing this, I’m crying.

We have no choice but to continue living with each other. The housing market is a joke and we can’t afford to move out and start again. I’ve moved into the spare room for the time being.

I guess I just needed to vent a little. I’m fine with people not noticing this post but I just need someone to tell me it will all be okay.

Tl;dr separated from my wife after 10 years together and don’t know what to do with myself

submitted by /u/datasianguy0
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment