About us

Saturday, April 8, 2023

I (19M) am confused about "someone's" (19F) attitude towards me

Hello Reddit!

As the title says, there is someone who makes me confused and I've been wondering why is she treating the way she is now, what would i have done wrong?

So to start, i know this girl since 7th grade and we were very close friends. She would always laugh at my jokes, we would always laugh together. At the very beginning, i liked her a bit but I didn't tell her anything since I didn't think she saw me that way, then I decided to become friends, so we became friends. Fast forward to after graduating, we went to seperate highschools. She would always text me, would want to talk me, ask about how the things going etc. since we couldn't see each other irl. During summer vacations since 2017, she works at a bakery which is very close to my home. We would see each other there, talk occasionally.

During quarantine times she was working there since there was no school, and again we would see each other and talk.

Fast forward to 8-9 months before now; I started seeing her at that place since it was summer vacation again. But this time, something happened. I started to like her(That wasn't sudden that much actually since it is not my first time liking her, but summarizing it, it sounds like that) And for some reason, I thought maybe she liked me too. Like, think about it; she was the one who texted me first mostly, she would be very happy to see me, and she was into my interests back then middle school since she bought me a gift -a comic book- which almost none of my friends would know I liked comics. (that might sound funny but I swear who would know I liked comics, she must have researched about me, and she herself told something similar to that like ''I asked x about what would you like'' Like who's x, how would they know that?)

Girls would do all of these to their close friends too, right?. Or, they don't? That's where my confusion starts.

So since I was into her now, I kinda started to treat like it, but I was friendly, nothing like ''Hey let's go on a date.'' I tried to show a little interest, since I think it didn't go well with my last crush because I was too cold against her. To give some details, I asked her to go somewhere to chat(she said she can't because she is working and she's busy almost all the time) ,stopped by where she works for a few times while we would walk with my cousin(19M) at evenings, while he was at my home for a couple of weeks during vacation, and I texted her about her Instagram account which I could not find because it didn't exist then, and that's it.

I guess things started at this point: Last time I talked with her -more correctly, tried to talk, because I was going to my cousin's town with him for a while next morning- ,and that night I passed by to her workplace to see her one last time before going but she wasn't there and I texted her something like ''where are you, i passed by but couldn't see you'' .And for whatever reason that text hasn't been sent since then. (No she didn't block me, maybe she changed her number, i don't know really, and maybe you now think the reason why I couldn't find her on insta was because she blocked me there too, not that it didn't exist; but that is not the reason either, I will explain now.)

And the morning, I was on the roads with my cousin. I was at his town now after a couple of hours. After a few days -or weeks,I don't remember precisely- ,when I was on Instagram, I saw her account on my recommendations, saying ''new account''. Now that her account existed, I sent a request to her, nothing wrong with that, right?

But things didn't go like that.

After more or less TWO WEEKS after I sent that request, guess what happened- She blocked me. And I have done nothing about her ever since. Didn't call, didn't text, didn't ask anything about why did she do it. After 2-3 months, I was back home.

Fast forward to now -roundly 3-4 weeks before now- I saw her again. I hadn't seen her since that ''blocking'' happened -which is for months. I saw her because for some reason universities went to online for a short time in my country. Since there was no school, she had spare time and she visited where she was working during summers. I was there, to buy some breads as usual, and i saw her, as she saw me too. But she pretented to didn't see me. That was like that for a few times again, she didn't look at me, I didn't look at her. And I haven't seen her ever since schools re-opened.

Not forgot to mention, when she saw me first time after that long time not seeing, she unblocked me on Instagram, but did not send a request. Just unblock.

Now, all my confusions about everything that has happened: Why is she treating like that?

A million possibilities have crossed from my mind, but I don't seem to be sure of any. Does she want to talk to me, or doesn't she? Like why would it take two weeks to block me, or why would she unblock me right after seeing me? If you don't want to talk to someone, you just block them right at the moment, and never think about them again, right? This. This is all what makes it confusing. I am okay with her not talking to me, and I'm not insisting on anything. I just want to know why would the reason be. Since I could not ask her -to not pressurise it?- I thought maybe you could give me some light.

I hope I summarized it all well, and don't cause confusions.

See you, Reddit.

TL;DR: There is a girl who used to be interested in me and love me so much(im not certainly sure as a friend or she liked me once) ,but i showed her a little bit interest recently and she stopped talking to me and i want to know why, is it because she didn't want me as anyone aside her friend, or maybe i showed that interest too late etc. etc.

submitted by /u/qqggezqq
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment