About us

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Communication advice

People on Reddit. I need your advice.

So I'm a guy M31, who's usually outspoken. I communicate well. I learned to share my feelings, thoughts, concerns, to my previous partners. I do believe in the power of communication. And that if we communicate well about what's bothering us, we might actually find a solution together.

BUT, in my recent relationship. My bf M26 is the total opposite of that. It's hard for him to communicate. Briefly, he was raised in a family that did not listen to him or care about his opinion. That led him to handle his emotions by himself. We've known each other for almost a year and a half. And we've been together as a couple for 6 months now.

When he first told me that he has trouble communicating, I didn't really think it was gonna be that big of a deal. I thought that it's just gonna take him more time to talk and that I can eventually get him to share. But it turns out that it's way harder than I thought it would be. I've tried comforting him. Constantly telling him that I'm always by his side, that he can trust me and share anything with me without feeling judged. I'm not here to judge him. I love him so much but at this point I don't know what else I need to do to get him to open up. Sometimes I feel like I just wanna give up and tell him that I cannot keep up with this pace anymore. But that's not what I want.

we NEED to talk about stuff that are crucial to our relationship (fears, past relationships, sexual desires, kinks, etc). And that is reflecting negatively on the relationship. The last time I tried to push him to talk, he felt pressured and threatened. I tried to convince him that this was not my intention.

All I want, is for us to be able to communicate so we can make all the topics listed before clearer on both ends. He said he needed time. To open up, to trust me enough and not feel judged. But the more I wait, the more i am obsessed by the thought that I cannot keep up with this much longer. I need to see some progress. Cuz I feel like my hands are tied, and I don't know what else I should do to make him comfortable. Any advice?

Tl;dr: Bf finds it hard to communicate. I need advice on how to get to him without making him feel pressured.

submitted by /u/carlhaddad
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment