About us

Friday, May 3, 2024

Am I being over sensitive??

Me [29F] and my boyfriend [28M] have been together for two years and we get on really well. We’re best friends, we love each other, etc etc etc His relationship history has been.. colourful, with his last partner extremely reactive, abusive, shouting constantly and just nasty.. so one of the reasons he says he loves me is I am sensitive and listen and take on board the things he says.

The one problem I have is he makes one too many “jokes” at my expense, and if I get upset he apologises by laughing at me and saying he obviously doesn’t mean it and he loves me, and calls me a baby or oversensitive or whatever. By contrast all I ever do is build him up and tell him how wonderful he is, and if I was to make the same joke back I get told I am rude and have to apologise.

He’s one of the kindest people I know its 100% definitely a joke, he says loving things too ofc and I know he adores me but he didn’t act like this when he was trying to get with me and now he’s comfortable and just is mean :( I tell him time and time again when my feelings are hurt by these “jokes” and he just continues to do it..

For context, these jokes aren’t like “oh you smell haha” they’ve been things like “yeah sorry I was busy I had 5 girls sucking my d!ck that’s why I didn’t reply” or calls me a super nasty name out of nowhere then laughs or just consistently calls me grumpy if I’m not 1000% all smiles and giggles (we live together god forbid I’ve just woken up and am a bit short with him)

TL;DR my partner makes mean jokes to me all the time and idk if I’m just being a baby or this is something I need him to work on?

submitted by /u/MikeWazowksii
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment