About us

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

My girlfriend (F29) is upset and doesn’t respect me (M26) anymore now that I eat meat.

At the beginning of the year I opted to go vegetarian, I had never tried it and was open to the experience of it. My girlfriend whom is a vegan was obviously quite happy about this decision and encouraged me to try it. Fast forward to the beginning of May when I took the personal decision to once again eat meat due to personal reasons. Currently I am feeling a lot of anger, disrespect and hatred from her to me for choosing to eat meat again. She has openly admitted to ‘no longer respecting me’ and that I am being stupid for choosing to eat meat. The kicker was the peer pressure I feel from her to return to being a vegetarian/vegan, she would say along the lines that ‘if I respect her I would remain a veggie’. What should I do or say to this? I cannot have a normal conversation with her without her becoming upset, crying and ending the discussion or as she sees it an argument on her terms always. I feel completely belittled sometimes and judged every single time I eat meat. I love my girlfriend and we have a great relationship. There has never been a serious problem before and we both had tremendous respect for one another. I want to get back to this way and not let this current situation fester into something awful down the line. Any advice would be great, thanks all.

TLDR; my girlfriend shows a lot of anger and disrespect now that I eat meat again and am not longer vegetarian.

submitted by /u/crumpetine
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment