About us

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

My bf wants to work on different aspect of his life before getting back together

TL;DR Me Gf(20) and Bf (20). We recently broke up because he said he was losing control of his life and that I was being too overbearing. We saw each other and spoke on what we want to change in our relationship. What we want to work on/fix, but he said that he doesn’t want to jump right back into the relationship. He says he wants to work on himself and fix different aspect in his life he’s been behind on. Such as friends, work and school.

He calls me babe still even though we aren’t dating, and he says he loves me. I asked him if he genuinely want to be with me or he’s just comfortable with me and is not ready for a relationship. He reassured me and said that he loves me and our relationship but he genuinely needs time to work on these issues. He said we can work through this and that it doesn’t mean the worst case scenario. As well he said it doesn’t mean it’s over I just needs time to recenter my focus. I don’t want to come off being annoying in the sense of my asking, but i genuinely a bit confused on what he truly wants.

I asked him if he was going to plan on seeing other people during this time. He said no and that he doesn’t plan on it, he said that he doesn’t see other females in a dating or talking way. He only wants to be with me but needs the time.

They are certain stuff we have to work on in our relationship but can only work on if we are in one. Like some communication issues when we have doubts but certain things. He also said he doesn’t want to give me a time on when he’s ready. So I also don’t want to feel like I’m being strung along if this takes months.

submitted by /u/No_Effort_9516
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment