About us

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Me [23m] and my girlfriend [23f] keep discussing breaking up, but we struggle to do it because our relationship has many positive aspects.

TL;DR We've been in a 6-month relationship that started out wonderfully, but now it's on the verge of breaking up due to arguments and feelings of being pushed away.

We've been in the relationship for only 6 months, and we've been having a lot of arguments. In the beginning, everything was great. The first 2-3 months were romantic, and we were deeply in love. However, my partner started experiencing intense emotions during her periods, despite being on birth control. I tried to comfort her and show empathy, but I noticed that these emotional episodes were often directed at me. As time went on, these episodes became more frequent, especially during our 2-month trip to Asia. The trip started well, but we experienced a major disagreement that hurt me deeply. Though we managed to resolve it, similar 'hiccups' kept occurring over small issues throughout the trip. We both made mistakes, but we always reconciled and grew stronger. However, the arguments always seemed to start with her complaints about me, and I began feeling worn out. Despite this, I don't want to paint her in a negative light. I simply want her to be happy. We were supposed to go to Hong Kong together to meet her family, but we decided against it due to the frequent disagreements. I ended up flying back from Bangkok alone. Now that we're back home, we're on the brink of breaking up because of these ongoing issues. I'm unsure whether I should fight for the relationship, as we have many positive aspects. The whole trip was wonderful apart from the arguments. The arguments that are always aimed at me every time just really get to me because I've never tried this hard and put this much effort with a female ever. It would be heart wrenching to lose her. I'd appreciate advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation or any helpful insights. Thank you.

submitted by /u/King-Bricky
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment