About us

Sunday, August 11, 2024

My girlfriend said the most awful things unprovoked while drunk

My girlfriend said the most awful things unprovoked while drunk

My (28F) girlfriend and I (30M) just moved in together after being long distance for some time. We are both single parents. The beginning of our relationship was amazing, but about 3 months in she sort of pulled away.

Honestly I couldn't tell if it was a love bombing thing or reality setting in that this was getting serious and a move would be involved at some point. It was still obvious she was head over heels in love with me, but the dynamic had changed. Frequency of sex dropped off hard, the fun and flirty vibe was replaced with a serious only one, she went from being very touchy feely to not wanting to be touched at all.

Since we were long distance we used to sext and flirt a lot, that dropped off. She said she couldn't explain why she was feeling the way she was but in other ways behaved otherwise like a woman that was very much head over heels in love with me. I chocked all this up to the very reasonable stress that was related to the coming move and did my best to not take it personally. All of these details are relevant.

Yesterday I came home from work and she was pretty tipsy. We were playful with each other, worked on unpacking, and had about a 2 hour chat. She initiated some really intense sex that I obviously enjoyed. She's never really been in to aftercare but l'm a lover and I want to cuddle and chat afterwards for a bit. She tends to want to roll over and sleep.

We cuddled for a bit before she pushed me off of her and started talking nonsense. Something about what she needed to visit Europe and get through airport security, how she hates America, and how everything is a scam. It was very odd and I figured it was the alcohol taking even though she had been otherwise coherent. I played al with her for a bit and told her l'd make her a tinfoil hat .. that's when she went off the deep end.

She told me she didn't love me, didn't want to be my girlfriend, wanted to move back home, wanted everyone to fuck off and go back to it just being her and her daughter, said she only pretended to love me because she wanted her daughter to have a father but has changed her mind, that my touch repulses her and she's disgusted by me and she has to force herself to initiate intimacy with me and started crying. I honestly thought she was having the drunk sads and maybe a bit of a breakdown but she insisted she wasn't saying any of this because she's drunk and she means every word of it. She told me l was a huge red flag for asking more about her life story. I told her I wouldn't be spoken to like this and went to sleep on the couch.

I've always gone out of my way to be thoughtful of her, make sure she feels beautiful and loved, do small meaningful things for her, and I love her daughter like my own. I'm genuinely dumbfounded as to where all of this came from and I don't know if I can continue in the relationship. There's never been any signs of any of this kind of thing coming and I've been nothing short of kind and compassionate to her.

Do I chock this up to some kind of stressed induced mental breakdown fueled by alcohol or do I take the verbal and emotional abuse at face value and walk away before it gets worse?

TL;DR my gf got drunk and started verbally abusing me completely unprovoked

submitted by /u/Zealousideal_Flow727
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment