About us

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Am I in the wrong to be upset?

I (F24) have been with my boyfriend (M23) for a year now and his family acts like I do not exist. I have two children, have been with him for a year and his family still refers to me by his “girlfriend”. no name, ever. When I have tried to get us to visit so I can try to mingle with the family there’s always a reason from his parents for us not to go.

They have categorized me with past girlfriends that were incredibly toxic, which these were all high school girlfriends who managed to happily be invited into the family.

Right after telling me they won’t mistreat me like my ex husband and others have. However they do NOT know me enough to make such a judgement call. All I ask is these people learn my name and maybe act like I am someone who is seriously involved with their son.

A “fresh start” has been offered and I agreed to said fresh start however it isn’t sitting right with me. I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around why a fresh start is required when I have done nothing that needs a fresh start. They’re the ones who have been disrespectful to me as a human being, as their sons partner.

Family is important to me and I love my boyfriend, a lot. But I can’t see myself with a partner who’s family is so disrespectful and insignificant to our relationship.

My boyfriend and his mother have basically blamed this on the fact that I am “going through alot” right now and I think that, that is incredibly unfair. No amount of anything else I am going through has to feel with the fact they make me feel like dirt on the bottom of their shoes.

Am I overreacting ? All I know is how I feel I have felt sick to my stomach for 24 hours now. And I don’t know what to do.

TL;DR - Have been with boyfriend for one year, his family acts as though I don’t exist, refer to me as “girlfriend” instead of my name. Lacking the basic respect for a human being. Am I wrong to be upset ?

submitted by /u/Stoner_Mom_
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment