About us

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Husband (35M) refuses to budget, am I (27F) crazy?

My husband (35M) makes a very good income, very comfortably covers our private health insurance (I live in a country where that’s an extra cost you can choose above the national care), our very nice spacious house and garden and some extra things every month. Extra expenses involve gym, clothes for our small children, donations to various organisation. I (27F) also make a few extra thousand a month and use it for my dinners out with friends, sporadic holidays with friends, our cleaning lady at home and a babysitter for when I need a rest.

However, we have twice now run out of money at the end of every month. Or rather, he has. If I am spending a lot, I’ll just budget the rest of the month and eat more cheaply or wait a month for my new jacket or whatever. Husband just doesn’t understand this concept. He spends about $300 monthly on Ubers. Another $300 on fizzy drinks he likes, maybe $1000 on eating out, ordering in. If I suggest cutting down he just ignores it and continues.

He doesn’t deprive us of anything, he pays for our food and gives me extra cash if I’m ever lacking for the month. I have no problem cutting down my things when needed. The problem is, if we ever need extra money he would have to cash out shares that are not ready yet. In the Event that happens, what then? He has no contingency plan and I honestly find it fucking weird.

Help! Am I just too cautious? We do live somewhere where we cannot really get a large unexpected bill for something but regardless it makes me uneasy.

*English not my first language sorry.

TLDR: husband won’t make any kind of concessions or budget when he overspends and I am uneasy about it.

submitted by /u/howmanyapples42
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment