About us

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Complete loss of attraction to him

Was my loss of attraction expected given the way he was acting?

Sudden and inexplicable loss of attraction to my partner

When I (27 F) met my boyfriend, I thought I was so looking, kind and charming and he was the most attractive man I’ve ever seen. Girls would turn heads at him. He would be so affectionate and kind with me and convos were amazing, loads in common

But during the relationship, over time, he stopped putting effort in, talked about himself all the time. Criticised me for tiny things a lot. Had crazy career ideas every week that never became anything. He hated his job and had barely any money to live off. My friends said he was annoying because he always seemed to want to ‘win’ the conversation. Sometimes I was worried what random rambling rubbish would come out his mouth next. He didn’t care for me anymore, everything was about him.

I think he became depressed and I was supportive and encouraging, but he never left the house, ate unhealthy, but on a load of weight, never worked out and just played games all the time. He stopped putting on deodorant or cleaning his teeth. He wasn’t afraid to burp around me a lot and did this horrible noise all the time when he cleared his throat. He kinda started to look like a completely different guy.

We never did anything out and about. I always wanted to go out for dinner and drinks but he always wanted to just eat kfc in bed in front of the tv instead. I felt so cut off from the world, there was so much fun places we could have gone and nice places to eat.

I even asked him if we could go away on a short city break in Europe. He said ‘you’re putting too much pressure on me’ when I only asked once.. But then he still booked a trip away to Barcelona with his friend the next week.

I completely lost all attraction to him, I felt completely asexual. Thought I was depressed or something as my whole libido disappeared.

Was about to end the relationship and he did it first.. he told me he was with me because he was lonely, which really upset me

tldr Was my loss of attraction expected given the way he was acting?

submitted by /u/kategr7
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment