About us

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

I discovered flirtly messages that my dad (63M) exchanged with another woman, who is not my mom...

TLDR: my dad (63M) sent flirty messages to a woman who is not my mom, and they've been married for almost 30 years; who do I tell?

First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my native language. It's also my first time using reddit, I'm feeling really upset and confused at the moment and I've always seen useful advice here so I'm going to try and explain myself. 'm going to use fake names.

I've always thought my (27F) dad (63M) and mom (53F) had an amazing marriage: together for almost 30 years, loving, funny, very close to each other and to me and my brother (24M). We are currently on vacation near home, and while I was using my dad's phone to send to my brother the pictures we took, Laura (40F), a woman who my parents knows because they're in an amateur running team, sent him a message. I opened the chat because we always use each other's phone so it is not weird for me to read his messages to him, but what I saw made me almost cry.

I had the strength (and time, before he came back) to just read a few messages, but basically he was telling her that he wanted to take the dress she had yesterday evening off (they came to our house to say bye), and she replied with a laughing emoji. Then he told her that they were going to be bathing nude soon. She is known for flirting (and possibly even sleeping with) married men, but I've never for a moment thought my dad could do something so awful. He has always pretended to not like her very much.

I felt my stomach drop, and now we are together till tomorrow and I can't even look at him I just want to cry. I haven't told anyone, I don't know what to do. Do I tell my brother first? Do I talk to my aunt, my mom's sister who is a therapist and who we are very close to?

I almost wish I didn't read that message, I feel like I'm going to be sick.

submitted by /u/sunheartb
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment