About us

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

My(31f) helpful mum (68f) Invades my Privacy and moves stuff around, causing important possessions to be lost and put through the washing machine.

I've just this week moved into a flat and my mum has been helping a lot. She drove my furniture to the new flat and bought me a table and chairs. In grateful for this but she is a very nosey person and I've always had to hide any personal things for when she visits, as she looks through all my drawers and also moves stuff around all the time causing me to lose important things.

I was having a delivery that couldn't be rescheduled but I was at work, so she offered to wait for it in the flat. I made sure to hide my important stuff in a zipped up bag, wrapped in clothes in the wardrobe, covered by a duvet. Felt okay about it all as I took precautions, but stupidly underestimated her nosey-ness.

I had keys to my old flat that need to be handed in before the weekend, which were in a tiny pouch hidden in some jean pockets. My DS games and jewellery were locked in a small safe also in wardrobe, the key to which was hidden inside a sock in the inside pocket of a tiny suitcase under the bed. There was also a 3DS in the same suit case and feminine care items. I pushed it right to the back under the double bed so it was very hard to reach and put a cushion in front to hide it.

When I got back, she had 'done multiple clothes washes' which included all clothes in said bag, the sock in the suitcase, and literally everything in every drawer. Stuff id washed at hers and not even worn yet. This meant that my old flat keys, the key to my safe, and all the other stuff had been through the wash. Of course I couldn't find barely any of them. My 3DS, headphones, the keys, and other items are still missing.

Not only that, but I've had a gum infection and am on antibiotics which were in a drawer in the kitchen. She rearranged all my drawers and now I can't find them anywhere. I've found the painkillers I was taking to help with it in the cupboard in the bathroom. But they were both together in the kitchen.

I've been texting her asking where things are, and she gets mad each time and calls me ungrateful, saying she was trying to help. She can't remember where she moved anything. But this is a huge invasion of privacy. Also I'm in trouble now as I can't find the flat keys, cant get to a Dr to get more antibiotics, and I love my 3DS.

How can I talk to her about this? She wants to come over again soon, but even when I'm there I can't let her out of my sight.

TL:Dr: my mum came to my flat and moved everything around, put stuff through the wash that was valuable. I don't know how to talk to her about it without her getting angry.

submitted by /u/PurplePopsicles33
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment