About us

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My 6 years old long friendship is starting to drain me out

TL;DR: The friendship I have with two friends is really getting boring and stressful. They always talk about the same things and don't really care about me. What can I do?

I am a 20F that has been close friends with two other girls of my same age since highschool. In highschool, we had two more other friends, which, for other reasons, happened to leave our group. I always found myself enjoying the time with my two close friends but, lately, I feel like something has changed. It has already been two years since the end of highschool, but everytime we go out they are still talking behind the back of the two other girls, or other people. Literally everytime. It obviously getting boring, but they always talk about the same things. I always wonder "Aren't y'all tired of it??" Moreover, they always talk about the same subjects, talk behind other people's backs or brag about money. One of the girls even made comments and judged the relationship I have with my boyfriend and told me how I should "manage" the relationship. I told them stories about a really bad experience I had at work (a worker touched me) but they answered "you should have done this..." "you should have done that...", when obviously I was too scared to react. When I tell them about my small successfull moments in life, they seem not to care. When I ask them to hang out, they are always busy. They don't even have a free afternoon to eat an icecream, just once in a week, but they have time for their boyfriends. I feel like they are stuck in a middle school mentality, or i'm either too old mentally. The only thing I know is that our friendship is really starting to drain me out, but I don't know how to take a distance from them, since they are always texting. What should I do?

submitted by /u/hargai01
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment