About us

Thursday, May 26, 2022

I'm (32M) and my girlfriend (29F) of 6 months lied to me twice about the same thing

My girlfriend shared about her past without me asking for it. Initially I appreciated her upfront effort and found it respectable. I would have asked about it anyway at some-point, but not with the depth that she ended up sharing. About her past relationships, she jumbled up the outline of the story like timeline and how she met the people, but was clear about the main events. I caught her first-time doing this and I asked her why does is story a bit different? And she promised it was the real story this time. But then, I had some suspicion, and after a while I ended up asking again indirectly and she again cooked up another outline, similar to what she said first time. I was worried why is she doing this. She broke into tears saying she does not want to lose me and I am too precious for her. She explained why she did it, and it still did not make sense because one of the event was tragic and didn't want me to make sense that all of those events led to the tragic event (interestingly, she isn't very sure about whether tragic event really happened or not because she claims she has no memory of it). This is a person who is intelligent (very bright academically), treats me with sweetness, is good with words has a job that values her work, has claimed that she can easily cook up a lie, calls herself extremely flawed, claims to have a saviour-complex, one single argument with a close one makes her feel she is about to be abandoned and starts thinking in extremes, she has once described herself volatile, was addicted to alcohol for 2 years (stopped drinking every since meeting me), has anger issues (although she is always calm with me). And whenever I ask her why does she call herself certain things like "volatile", she brushes it off saying I am not the same anymore. I am really having difficulty understanding who she really is, it's like my perception of her in my mind is distorted and confusing. I had asked her old-roommate once if I should know something about her that's important. She described her as a nice person at heart, but can get very aggressive and advised me to not believe everything she says because she is very insecure.

tl;dr Ever since she has conveniently lied to me twice about the same thing, randomly letting me know about her flaws with heavy words like "volatile" and not clearly explaining why she calls herself those things, I feel something is really off and I can't tell what it is. How do I make sense of this situation?

submitted by /u/Frequent_Bunch7279
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment