About us

Monday, May 23, 2022

My boyfriend is not an action taker

I (26F) wanted to ask for your advice on how I can help my (28M)partner be an action-taker. We’ve been together for 6 yrs now and I’m only now noticing how he’s a bit slackish or yet, weakhearted?

He doesn’t really work. He has a job in sales so he earns from commissions. But he has been inactive since last year so I know he’s just living on minimal allowance. He would have clients referred to him by friends and families and he would present to them, but he’ll make no follow through at all. Whenever I ask him about it he just says ‘I will’. But then after 2/3 months, no follow up still. I know timing is important in sales so I don’t really get why he’s slacking off.

He wants to put up a small business but expects me to help him start it up. It’s like he expects me to draw the road map for him even though it’s his “passion project”. He says because I’m more organized and stuff. I don’t mind helping him but I’m a very busy person and he knows that too. I love what I do and it pays me very well so I’m really focused on me.

He has all these ideas about business, his sales job, etc but he doesn’t take action at all. It’s all ideas. Sometimes I feel like he’s weak hearted. He often overthinks and doubts himself although I always reassure him otherwise. I feel like part of it is because he never had a corporate job. The usual 9-5, reporting to the boss job. In corporate, even if you don’t want to do it, you have to right? Been there.

He’s a bit sheltered and I’m worried if this doesn’t change it might affect our future. We’re already discussing about marriage and I want a partner that is sure with himself. Also if he doesn’t take action now, how can he provide for his half in our future?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Tl;dr my boyfriend is not an action taker and I’m worried he’s not earning enough for our future

submitted by /u/burntroom
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment