About us

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Girlfriend (24f) called me (27m) selfish for wanting to relax during our 10 days off

I have been with my gf for 3 years. The place I work closes over Christmas so everyone gets 10 days off. I have to complete exams through work and I have 3 in December. I have 3 study days a week from mid September until the week before the exam and this is alongside still doing my job the remaining 2 days of the work week. I had 2 exams last year and my stress levels got really high and by the end of it I was burnt out.

There are quite a lot of video games coming out in the autumn and winter that I'd normally buy straight away but I just won't have time to actually enjoy them so I'm planning on getting them over Christmas and playing them then. I live with my partner and for Christmas, she will be going to her parents for christmas eve and christmas day then coming home boxing day and I'll be doing the same with my parents. This gives me 7 days off. I was talking to my partner and said I'll book us a nice restaurant and cocktail bars for new years eve but apart from that I mentioned that I was thinking about us just spending the week relaxing in the apartment.

I'll have the games I want to play and my gf will have gotten games for her Nintendo switch, I'll have gotten some comic books to read and my gf will have gotten some other books to read so we'll have plenty to do. I explained that I know I'm going to be burnt out after the exams so I think a relaxing week might be nice for both of us since we rarely have time to just focus on our hobbies.

She said that's not what she wanted and she was thinking we could have a holiday for 3-4 nights. I refused and said there's no way I'm going to be up for going away when I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to be tired. I said we can possibly do a night away towards the end of the week but I want the majority to be relaxing since I'll need it. She said I was being selfish by refusing to consider her idea but I pointed out I've offered a compromise and explained why I don't want to be doing much over that week.

She just repeated that she thinks I'm being unfair and selfish by not going away for 3-4 nights since it would still leave me with 3 days to relax at home. Does anyone have any advice on how they would handle this?

tl;dr I get 10 days off work over christmas and I have 3 work related exams in December that are going to be stressful so I mentioned to my gf about using our time off to just relax and enjoy what we get for christmas etc she said no because she wants to go away for 4 nights on a holiday. I tried to compromise by offering a night away but she said I was being selfish and unfair since I'd still have 3 days to relax if we went away for 4 nights. Does anyone have any advice on how they would handle this?

submitted by /u/throwra_4929
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment