About us

Thursday, August 10, 2023

My (31M) GF (30F) accused me of having an emotional affair because I shared my passion for cooking with a friend (31M)'s fiancée (32F)

I (31M) have always had a passion for cooking. I enjoy cooking for other people or even just for myself. My parents used to say that me finding a new recipe to try is like a child finding a new favorite toy.

I started cooking when I was 11 and I never stopped. My parents suggested I studied to become a chef but I refused: I want to be able to cook freely ( and it was the good decision; I studied Computer Engineering and I love my current job).

5 years ago I started dating Kate (30F). I love her and we get along quite well, except when it comes to cooking. She is an extremely picky eater. She only eats a very small set of things and only when they are cooked in a certain way. She refuses to even try anything else and some of her restrictions are nonsensical (example: She eats burgers but only those bought at the supermarket. If I buy the same meat, mince it and make the burger myself, she will immediately refuses to eat it.)

I won't say it was easy but after few months of bantering we came to an agreement: I cook for myself the way I want and she cooks for herself. Sometimes I offer to cook for her what she wants, depending on the mood of the day.

After we reached this compromise, everything went smoothly for almost 4 years.

I have a friend, Mike. We have known each other for over 25 years. He loves tasting new foods and so in the past 20 years he was my "guinea pig" when I had to try a new recipe ( he volunteers himself, I never force him). Around 1 year ago he introduced me his fiancée, Megan (32F).

Megan share the same love for cooking so, while hanging out all together, we sometimes found ourselves talking about it and sharing recipes.

I don't remember exactly how it came to that but one day Mike suggested a cooking competition between us and we agreed. It was a fun Sunday: I enjoyed cooking, Megan enjoyed cooking and Mike enjoyed the food. We decided to repeat the experience from time to time.

We started doing this "cooking night" twice a month. I invited Kate multiple times to join us but she always refused. Two days ago she changed her mind and decided to come hangout at Mike's house while we were having our contest. Everything went as always. I knew Kate wouldn't eat what we were cooking, so I prepared another dish for her.

While driving home, though, Kate was evidently irritated and she suddenly started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she accused me of having an emotional affair with Megan. I said she was wrong and tried to say something but we were already in front of our home and she stormed off and locked herself in the bedroom. She refused to talk to me for the whole day yesterday.

TL;DR : My GF accused me of having an emotional affair because I shared my passion for cooking with a friend's GF.

submitted by /u/Equivalent_Cow760
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment