About us

Monday, August 28, 2023

Guy I'm seeing says he likes me but doesn't want to continue dating I don't know how to deal with it or how to feel about his reasons why

I (F25) have been dating this guy (M28) for over 3 months now. I’ve had a crush on him for a long time and we’ve been friends for almost 7 years before this. Recently we told eachother that we’re both falling in love with eachother. But he doesn’t want to continue dating because of (mental) health problems. He is chronically ill and spends a lot of time in the hospital, and often has to undergo surgeries and other treatments. I know that I don’t care and that I want to be there for him, he recently had surgery and I supported him through all of it and he told me how grateful he was for it and I felt very connected to him through all of it. But I feel like he’s trying to create some distance between us.

We both have feelings for eachother but he says we should distance ourselves from eachother because he doesn’t want to continue dating. He says that he has too much problems and doesn’t want to put them on me. I think it’s a stupid reason because I know I can handle it to be there for him and I don’t think this should be a reason to not date. His past relationship of 4 years failed because of this, when he was in a really bad state his ex-girlfriend cheated on him and got pregnant which was traumatic for him. So I can understand that he’s scared to get hurt. I don’t want to push him either. So I don’t know what to do now but I just don’t know how to accept the fact the we both like eachother and to just throw away the amazing connection that we have.

My friends say that I should give him space and that he will change his mind but I am scared to get hurt as well and I don’t want to continue waiting for someone who isn’t ready or too scared for anything. I just feel so bad to be in this situation.

Tl;dr: guy I'm dating likes me but doesn't want to continue dating because of personal problems. I don't know how to feel about it or how to deal with it

submitted by /u/Whatsinthere2314
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment