About us

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Is it wrong of me (22f) to ask him (22m) for a casual relationship?

Bf and I have been together for about eight months but things got serious fast. I've recently realized I need some time to figure out some sexual trauma & identity related stuff on my end.

I tried to break up with him yesterday but I made him cry so much; he asked me why we couldn't fix things together so I told him we could stay together and try to fix things.

Yesterday it felt right but this morning I feel like I've made a huge mistake. I know when I'm very depressed as I am I can't sustain a relationship well.

We're going to talk again and today I want to ask him to have a more casual relationship. He keeps saying that even if we broke up he can't see himself with anyone else. I don't know why but this feels like such immense pressure on my shoulders to figure my shit out and be a good partner. But I want time to grow and heal as a person. I am starting to worry this is a right person wrong time situation. But I don't want him completely out of my life because I love him. And he was upset at the idea of me kicking him to the curb.

Is asking to see each other casually and stepping the relationship back cruel? Should I just try for a clean break in our conversation today? I really don't want to do this but I'm not the kind of person to jerk another person around to wait for me to figure my shit.

TL;DR: I want to break up with my boyfriend but I want us to remain casual or at least friends. I'm worried that this is going to be too painful for the both of us, though.

submitted by /u/MarketNo5311
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment